Thursday, July 02, 2020

A2Z April Challenge W is for We

W is for We
During lockdown
Behind the closed doors
Relationship plays the game
We
My lit friends and I
Churn out poems everyday
Playing with words
Juggling with phrases
Spinning an emotional yarn
Behind the closed doors
On our work tables
We share our literary treats
We
My foodie friends and I
Chop onion till we cry
Cook, bake, roast the veggies
Plate it well, then click
A foto to share and to stare
Behind the close doors
Alone
We drool
We
My close friends and I
Meet regularly on video chat
Share the happy hours
Sometimes high, at times low
Precious is our time together
Belly laugh, play or sing
Behind the closed doors,
Far apart but never alone
We
My neighbors and I
Just a doorbell away
Social distancing
Pulled us apart
During this pandemic
We are afraid to meet
With or without mask
Behind the close doors
We are strangers now
We
My family and I
All of us in lockdown under a common roof
Blessed that we are together
Share a common fear
Stay indoor and pray that
Each one of us
Open the door and our hearts
To be free again
@Pushpz
W is for 'We"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback but anonymous comments are not encouraged, they may not be published.

Thank U for this award

Thank U for this award
It feels good to be appreciated
Do you love what you read here? Copy, churn, reproduce, share or imitate....knowledge is for sharing....But, do acknowledge me, or better still.... send me a copy....... @Pushpa Moorjani