Thursday, July 02, 2020

A2Z April Challenge T is for Tomorrow

T is for Tomorrow
Corona was just a drink
We enjoyed with a lime
Now it has different meaning
A virus of deadly brand
Black and white is my life
with little tones of grey
The colors red blue green
Are missing nowadays
Nobody knocks on door
No reason to visit a friend
Money tucked away in the depth of lockers
No reason to spend
Except
On daily butter and bread
I look at my 2020 planner
Zero entry for passing days
Normally
Days were alert
From Sundays to Saturdays
Plans for each day checked
Lunch parties with friends
Exploring new restaurants
A visit to a work stations
To give a helping hand
A random movie outing with Popcorn and Samosa for first day first show
An instant plan to go for a weekend to an resort out of town
Random visits to
Book- reading club
Book launches
Read-meets
Culinary club
Laughing club
Poetry club
A visit to an art gallery
Or enjoy a music show
A ride in a local train
Or Ola
Or Uber
or even in red bus
On lazy days, I would Paint
Sing
Or simply walk by the beach
Now there is just internet
Social distancing
The norm of the day
The life I had
Fades in fear
My world is crashing down
In the chaos
In silence
Busy I am
In new routine
Enclosed in matchbox
Telling that I am safe inside
Death toll grows
Outside my home
I stay awake all hours
Fighting dreams and sleep
Corona
You have messed up my life
Never can I take life for granted again
Today is the day
I live each day
For tomorrow
I cannot plan
@Pushpz
T is for Tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback but anonymous comments are not encouraged, they may not be published.

Thank U for this award

Thank U for this award
It feels good to be appreciated
Do you love what you read here? Copy, churn, reproduce, share or imitate....knowledge is for sharing....But, do acknowledge me, or better still.... send me a copy....... @Pushpa Moorjani