Wednesday, July 01, 2020

A2Z April Challenge C is for Coping

Everyday I look out
I see nothing but trees
Every pane in my house has the same scene
Different shades of greens
Melodious sounds of birds
Crows swing on cables
Rocking with the wind.
I wander from room to room
Twindling my thumbs
How could I ever be trapped in my own home.
I had asked my house help
To move into my house
To help me with the dishes
Cleaning, washing and swabbing
She nodded her head
As if to say yes
But fear of Covid was spreading
She didnt report to work
Dishes piled up in the kitchen sink
Spiders relate their web stories
Soles under my feet turned dark grey
Who cares?
The door bell was not likely to ring
Nobody to judge me.
As the days passed
Stress began to built
I dusted off my skirt
We can cope with stress when we learn to adjust
When we know there is no other scheme
Acceptance is the key that helps us understand
We adapt and change our scene
Two weeks now I have learnt to cope
The chains around my ankles
Hurt me no more
Life is no struggle if we know how to cope
Washing clothes or chopping greens
No task is painful if we know how to ease
Till the lockdown has collapsed
@Pushpz
C is for 'Coping"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback but anonymous comments are not encouraged, they may not be published.

Thank U for this award

Thank U for this award
It feels good to be appreciated
Do you love what you read here? Copy, churn, reproduce, share or imitate....knowledge is for sharing....But, do acknowledge me, or better still.... send me a copy....... @Pushpa Moorjani