Sunday, August 10, 2008

Bejing Olympics 2008

recorded the music
´Chak de India´
Just in case,
Perhaps
One of them
Moves
A bit faster
Than the rest
And gets one gold
Or more
From the city
That is painted
Orange and red


I see them all
Behind my plasma
Jay walking
Waving
Pausing a moment
Yes,
You are right
They might bring gold
My country men
You see them there
Wearing smile
With desi dress in
White

If I were sporty
Or talented
Or rich
Or influential
To pull the strings
Of luck
I too
Would walk proudly
Savouring the limelight
But alas!
I cannot
And I am feeling
Blue


Later that evening
With family and friends
We betted
On their victory
With wine and bread
There were chops and chicken
And mutton and beef
But me
Being a veggie
All I ate was
The Greens

Enjoying Beijing Olympics
Coated with every hue
Be it orange, green, white or red
Or even if they have
All shades
Of blue

@Pushpa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback but anonymous comments are not encouraged, they may not be published.

Thank U for this award

Thank U for this award
It feels good to be appreciated
Do you love what you read here? Copy, churn, reproduce, share or imitate....knowledge is for sharing....But, do acknowledge me, or better still.... send me a copy....... @Pushpa Moorjani