Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Poetry Party

Godawful Poetry Fortnight - 19th - 31st August

Although most of my poems are bad, I am pleased to write one for this special fornight.....Thanks to Caferati, it has plaform for bad poetry too....merrily I will use jarring or discordant sounds, happily I can irritate the good poets.....

There was an invitation
To the read-meet of poetry
Just two block away
From my normal route of loitering

I rhymed and chimed the verses
As I saw the poets passing
But none heard my poems
Although all were so classic

They didn’t even look at me
For that I was angry
I tortured them then
By spewing out my bad poetry

Stop! Said the poet
A distinguished member of that clan
Please don’t rhyme any more
You might ruin the party plan

Your poetry has no meter
It is worse than a broken disc
You might create a commotion
And that I cannot risk

Friends, come on over here
Bring six bottles of beer
Drain it down his throat
So that he cannot swear

Gulp! Gulp! Gulp!
Hic! Hic! Hic!

I was a good poet, hic
I could perform a good poetry
But they did not invite me
Those Gawd-Damn, blistering... Hic!

1 comment:

  1. Hehehe! You failed! This is quite an interesting poem.
    Do we disqualify you on those grounds?

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback but anonymous comments are not encouraged, they may not be published.

Thank U for this award

Thank U for this award
It feels good to be appreciated
Do you love what you read here? Copy, churn, reproduce, share or imitate....knowledge is for sharing....But, do acknowledge me, or better still.... send me a copy....... @Pushpa Moorjani