Friday, June 25, 2021

Mumbai Rains in Pandemic Times

 Even though I am enveloped

inside Zoom Google meets

endless talks on ways of world

the sounds of rain continues to intercept

its soft whooshing sounds

its frightening shriek

the droplets dripping down the pane


No, i don't walk down

not in this rain

dare not go down the slippery streets

where cars like motorboats

whizz pass my lane

but then I have not

even when there were no rain


they tell me

the streets are flooded now

there is a lake view in every lane

though nobody uses the metro nowadays

the railway tracks are blocked again


Mumbai city, my concrete love

it disappoints me, time to time

Covid cases beat stock market

rain fizzles all travel plans

blame not people

Mumbaikars not bad

they have seen worst times

but still they dare.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback but anonymous comments are not encouraged, they may not be published.

Thank U for this award

Thank U for this award
It feels good to be appreciated
Do you love what you read here? Copy, churn, reproduce, share or imitate....knowledge is for sharing....But, do acknowledge me, or better still.... send me a copy....... @Pushpa Moorjani