Friday, June 25, 2021

The New Normal

 The streets are still the same

Whift of fragrance in the air

of flowers, of food, of sweat

this is the street, I have walked

many times, watching my step, avoiding broken path

careful not to kiss the floor


Bread must be earned

for the family to feed

vendors wait with their wares

for brave shoppers who dare


its the sense of freedom

that floated around

but that exists no more


all people express behind

their mask stoned

fear writ

across their eyes

handcuffed by sanitised cream

suspicious of deadly disease


I walk back behind closed doors

cooking washing hundred times

view from window is fair enough

the birds, the sky, the concrete hearts

thats my life, the new normal

watching lives through instalives

life stand still

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback but anonymous comments are not encouraged, they may not be published.

Thank U for this award

Thank U for this award
It feels good to be appreciated
Do you love what you read here? Copy, churn, reproduce, share or imitate....knowledge is for sharing....But, do acknowledge me, or better still.... send me a copy....... @Pushpa Moorjani