Sunday, April 17, 2016

Poetry In April #Poem 16

Cousin sends me her picture
Dressed in green silk dress with gold border
She is wearing the necklace that we had exchanged
During her last visit to my home
The glow on her face tells me that she is having fun
I begin to wish
I should have been there with her
We could have shared the happy times together
Like we always do
Walk down the narrow lanes of new city
Try the local cuisine
Stroll by the riverside
Enjoy a boat ride too.
Watch the sun set together
Munching on chips and seeds
Argue for no reason at all
Next moment wash away the blues.
Friends come and go
But cousins are there
Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback but anonymous comments are not encouraged, they may not be published.

Thank U for this award

Thank U for this award
It feels good to be appreciated
Do you love what you read here? Copy, churn, reproduce, share or imitate....knowledge is for sharing....But, do acknowledge me, or better still.... send me a copy....... @Pushpa Moorjani