Monday, June 09, 2008

One more Birthday.... Again....

Young at heart, it matters not
what age I be on my next big day

Year after year
I have smiled along,
and seen the world pass me by

Till 10 I would count and was thrilled each year
eager I was to reach my teens
I faked about my age to gate crash a scene
I lied to stay young, at thirty that was mean

but at 40 I stopped, counting my age
the mirror on the wall refused to lie
now i just count the wrinkles on my face
watch myself grow with renewed grace

young at heart it matters not
what age I be on my next big day
I shall blow just one candle
and watch myself age
I dread to turn my life's next page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback but anonymous comments are not encouraged, they may not be published.

Thank U for this award

Thank U for this award
It feels good to be appreciated
Do you love what you read here? Copy, churn, reproduce, share or imitate....knowledge is for sharing....But, do acknowledge me, or better still.... send me a copy....... @Pushpa Moorjani