Monday, June 16, 2008

My dog – Rex

“Can you give a bath to Rex? I have to attend a kitty party and I am running late.” said my wife

“Why should I give bath to Rex, he is your dog, so you do it” I said

“Now don’t you start all over again. There is nothing that is solely ‘yours’ or ‘mine’. Everything is ‘ours’. We share everything. Remember? So, Rex is your dog too.” Said my wife

“Yes, we do share everything but, that is limited to housework and money only. I cannot take your dog’s responsibilities too. I didn’t want him here in the first place but you have brought him here stubbornly into my house.” I said

“Shuush! Talk softly. You will hurt his feelings and if he feels unwanted here, he will go into depression.” Said my wife

“Don’t you shuush me. It is me who is going through depression. He watches 'Animal Planet' show on my TV, he sleeps on my side of the bed and most nights I am sleeping on the sofa.” I said

“Oh Honey! Sofa is so comfortable. You shouldn’t be complaining.” Said my wife

“Complaining? Am I? I am warning you. I don’t like to see you wasting so much money on dogs’ birthday parties or taking him for grooming in those expensive beauty parlors.” I said

“Tsk! Tsk! Tsk! Money spend on Rex is not wasted, my dear. What is the use of working so hard and earning if we cannot spend it wisely? I think, you are plain jealous of Rex. You don’t understand, he has many friends out there. He needs to look good when I take him for walks by the sea shore. It boosts his ego.” Said my wife


*Ding Dong*


“Can you answer the door-bell Honey? Who is it?” said my wife

“It is a food parcel. Did you order butter chicken from Taj Intercontinental?” I said

“Oh yes. Has it arrived? It is for Rex.” said my wife.

“Rex, Rex. Come here Baby; Look what Mama gets for you?

“You like butter chicken, don’t you?”

“Come baby come. Eat it. It is good.”


*Growl*


“See what you have done. You see that? Rex is very upset and now he won’t eat. Are you happy now?” Said my wife

“Ummnph! I wish he would learn to read the script. He would know then, what he was missing.” I said

*Growl…Sure, I can read the script maan.. it says t-a-j-i-n-t-e-r-c-o-n-t-i-n-e-n-t-a-l. I can smell it too and I know that it is a great place to eat and butter chicken is its specialty. But still, I will not eat, unless you agree to give me a bath…..woof!*

1 comment:

  1. Ignorant I will be
    With no phrases to delight
    How can you empower me,
    If I can’t spell it right?


    More than inspiring to read… very nice!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback but anonymous comments are not encouraged, they may not be published.

Thank U for this award

Thank U for this award
It feels good to be appreciated
Do you love what you read here? Copy, churn, reproduce, share or imitate....knowledge is for sharing....But, do acknowledge me, or better still.... send me a copy....... @Pushpa Moorjani