Monday, February 25, 2008

Shanti Kunj

My family home, not mere house of stones
Warmth and love fills its bones
fragrant smiles greets me at doors
Seeping through my skinny pores

Fragrance that was brewed from days
When I was young and of tender age
I would pack my valise every holidays
With mom and family I would tag always

I’d spend few days with cousins dear
Who greeted always with pleasant cheers
We would tease and laugh and roll with joy
All day, all night, we would enjoy

Laughter’s, fun frolic, sway-
Foodstuff cooked and brewed all day
Vibes and chats of every rank
Found a place in memory bank

Presently, it’s still a loving den
Our family laughter echoes there
Big sister now, reigns the throne
She greets us there with love adorned

Food and jokes are still alive
Dotted now, with spiritual rhymes
We reach there stealing cozy times
Exchanging golden, funny lines

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback but anonymous comments are not encouraged, they may not be published.

Thank U for this award

Thank U for this award
It feels good to be appreciated
Do you love what you read here? Copy, churn, reproduce, share or imitate....knowledge is for sharing....But, do acknowledge me, or better still.... send me a copy....... @Pushpa Moorjani