Monday, February 18, 2008

I am still a little girl


Don’t patronize me
Don’t buy my wares
I don’t wish to work
On this long, long road.

I need to learn
To play with words
And earn bright future
In this bleak, damp world

If you buy my wares
I might learn that
There is no greed to study
To earn a bread

Ignorant I will be
With no phrases to delight
How can you empower me,
If I can’t spell it right?

Don’t encourage me to work
Help me see the light,
I am just a little girl
Please save me from this plight.

1 comment:

  1. This post also appeared on the blog for unchaihi at http://unwantedgirlchild.blogspot.in/2008/03/indias-modern-day-women-write-3-pushpa.html

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback but anonymous comments are not encouraged, they may not be published.

Thank U for this award

Thank U for this award
It feels good to be appreciated
Do you love what you read here? Copy, churn, reproduce, share or imitate....knowledge is for sharing....But, do acknowledge me, or better still.... send me a copy....... @Pushpa Moorjani