Thursday, April 16, 2015

Poetry Writing Month…day eight When Hungry Eat

When Hungry Eat
I was not hungry
but I saw butter cookies
round and brown
staring at me
from the cabinet an hour ago
I had forgotten about it
When did I buy it?
I think it was a month ago
or maybe two
Supermarket is an evil place
transports me to spending spree
makes me buy things
I don't really need
savories that I may never eat
they look handsome on the grocery shelf
attractive packing
seductive snaps
They will look artistic on my kitchen cabinet
Perhaps I will consume this time
maybe I should nibble on it
maybe I will have visitors
Maybe I will hear
a kid in my neighborhood cry
Whatever the reason
simple or complicated
credit card swiped
butter cookies come home
stored away into my kitchen cabinet
out of sight
Till I discover them once again
at odd hours
a cursory glance, a surprise pop up
while i was looking for something else
Sometimes when hungry
I do eat
crumbly cookies on impulse
relishing its sweetness
in the middle of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback but anonymous comments are not encouraged, they may not be published.

Thank U for this award

Thank U for this award
It feels good to be appreciated
Do you love what you read here? Copy, churn, reproduce, share or imitate....knowledge is for sharing....But, do acknowledge me, or better still.... send me a copy....... @Pushpa Moorjani