Saturday, February 01, 2020

Chilly Windy Mumbai Freeze

A scar on my leg
A raw scraped skin,
I limp to answer the doorbell
Friends walk in with cooked meals
There is fried rice, some spring rolls
And veggies in sour sauce
Food, always an excuse
For us to meet
We eat, we chat
Pain goes to sleep
Its chilly, windy, Mumbai freeze

Some days are dull
When pain puts you off to deep sleep,
the moon waits
Shining behind the window pane
Till strength come back
Unknown to the world
U lay on bed, uncaring
Too weak to move
To breathe in the fresh air
Although its chilly, windy, Mumbai freeze

There is chatter of kids
Out in the lane below
Loud sound of Azaan
From mosque close by
Calling
its time for prayers
Some beeps of cars
A moving traffic
A crazy motorcyclist
Zooming by
We sit by window
My friends and I
Love is in the air
Its chilly, windy, Mumbai freeze

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback but anonymous comments are not encouraged, they may not be published.

Thank U for this award

Thank U for this award
It feels good to be appreciated
Do you love what you read here? Copy, churn, reproduce, share or imitate....knowledge is for sharing....But, do acknowledge me, or better still.... send me a copy....... @Pushpa Moorjani