Monday, July 04, 2016

Think Positive On A Rainy Day

Cold and dank room at midday
Wet clothes spread on floor and bed
Sun hides behind heavy clouds
Sheets of rain 
Slippery ground
Friend sends a message
"Are you doing good?"
I complain "Bad rainy day"
"Use no negative words
Not even for rain" she writes back
Not that rain troubles me
I stay comfortable
Lying on bed
staring at sky
Through my window
criss crossed with grill
But down there on busy street
I hear non stop beeps
Of cars, buses, ambulance,lorries jeeps
Two wheelers might zig zag
Through maze with speed
But four wheelers wait impatiently
I feel their frustration in traffic jam
I am sure there is water logging somewhere, 
or a pothole, 
a broken pavement, 
a path covered with fungus green or 
on a footpath a missing slab
People trying a balancing act, 
somebody must have missed their step, 
fell on their knees, 
broke an ankle, 
bruised their limb
Patients flock to hospitals
With illness more serious than a sneeze
"Use no negative words" 
says my friend
I look on this dark day for positivity
Doctors happy, their biz is good
City continues to be crippled by heavy rains

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback but anonymous comments are not encouraged, they may not be published.

Thank U for this award

Thank U for this award
It feels good to be appreciated
Do you love what you read here? Copy, churn, reproduce, share or imitate....knowledge is for sharing....But, do acknowledge me, or better still.... send me a copy....... @Pushpa Moorjani