Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Freedom Assurance

On this day of Independence
We hear new assurances
Candidly
Freedom, education, better life
Shall entwine, they say,
Cleverly.

No more, I hope, the farmers
End, distressed life in
Penury
May he be blessed with
Honest progeny and not die
Prematurely.

Hope he is educated and
Self-sufficient to feed his future
Family
No more, I hope, we have street
Urchins, at signals, pedaling
Desperately

Instead of playing moral police
Hope they decree
Intelligently
Not grease their palms with green,
Shiny moss, but rule with a crown of
Neutrality

With poverty extinguished, illiteracy
Blackened, will we be living in
Liberty?
The promises, they brew
Every year, I wish, they distil it
Genuinely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback but anonymous comments are not encouraged, they may not be published.

Thank U for this award

Thank U for this award
It feels good to be appreciated
Do you love what you read here? Copy, churn, reproduce, share or imitate....knowledge is for sharing....But, do acknowledge me, or better still.... send me a copy....... @Pushpa Moorjani