Saturday, December 01, 2012

Ipod killed the superstar



I found’ His Master Voice’
Gramophone
At Chor Bazaar.
It looked sad and lonely.
Looking for listener
None left any more.
Ipod killed the superstar

Once a pride of  elite home
In comfortable corner, it sat
Surrounded by soft pillows
Where people rested
While Gramophone sang
In voice clear and loud
Reproducing sounds
That soothes the nerves

But today it sits
At Chor Bazaar,
Idle, unwanted
Waiting to be taken home
By some music lover
There are none
Ipod killed the superstar.

This was the device introduced in 1877 to recording and reproduction of sound music.

Day two: In the month of December, I am participating in Marathon Blogger to write one post per day, on one of my blogs.

4 comments:

  1. Awww the verse actually makes me feel bad for the gramophone :( Ipods and other technology has taken over these ancient fellows!! ~ Simran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww....We have cheated on retro music playing instruments :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely poem..brought out emotions so well! loved it, Pallvi..and yes, it is a sad state of affairs for the poor gramophone and cassettes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:25 AM

    oh I love the gramophone but its not just the ipod, I think it was killed long ago by cassettes and CD just made it vanish :(

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback but anonymous comments are not encouraged, they may not be published.

Thank U for this award

Thank U for this award
It feels good to be appreciated
Do you love what you read here? Copy, churn, reproduce, share or imitate....knowledge is for sharing....But, do acknowledge me, or better still.... send me a copy....... @Pushpa Moorjani