Monday, June 30, 2008

Take me back, Please!

My dearest love, it is almost dawn
Will you be back? Its been so long
Are you really, really mad at me
For being with your friend in my pink nightie
In early hours of that fateful day
When you had walked in and watched him sway?

There is something that I have to say. Yes!
He had stayed back but for only a day
Trust me, he knows, I wear your ring
Would we ever do any stupid thing?
He helps me with jobs that are heavy for me
During your long, long absence from home at sea

That fateful moment before you arrived
Having lost my keys, I was stranded at night
I called for help from my white mobile
He brought the tools to clear my plight
He followed me in for my security
And waited a while for a warm coffee

We chatted for long and didn’t realize
When clock chimed three, it was late, late night
I lent him your shorts and then changed mine
He slept on the couch in the hall. So quiet!
You trust him, don’t you? He is your buddy
Could we do anything that would be muddy?

My fingers are sore from punching hard
Did you read my SMS’s and my desperate calls?
I know you can’t be angry, not for long
So shed you precious pride and come along
Come back, my darling, I am missing you
Will bake a cake, and freeze ice-creams too

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback but anonymous comments are not encouraged, they may not be published.

Thank U for this award

Thank U for this award
It feels good to be appreciated
Do you love what you read here? Copy, churn, reproduce, share or imitate....knowledge is for sharing....But, do acknowledge me, or better still.... send me a copy....... @Pushpa Moorjani